Outdoor, or Out Of Home (OOH) advertising can be anything from a poster to a bus bench to a billboard. OOH takes advantage of foot traffic and busy public locations to get a message across. AR OOH can turn these canvases or even a business storefront into a visual experience for passers-by.
Examples of great use cases for Augmented Reality within outdoor advertising include:
- Bus Stops, such as displays & large posters
- Advertising boards on pedestrian walkways
- Vinyl banners
- Billboards such as painted walls
All of these examples can feature activation options like QR codes or short URL’s that passersby can interact with and launch the associated AR experience.
Combining Augmented Reality with OOH enables companies to deliver immersive, 3D experiences to consumers in a way that has previously only ever been featured in Sci-Fi movies.
A great example of this was seen by Hard Seltzer drinks brand BON V!V, who tasked Web AR development agency Aircards with transforming block walls into virtual vending machines for their new Spiked Seltzer. In addition to the immersive 3D content, the experience integrated strong CTAs and features to drive the success of the campaign:
- Maps nearby store locations that sell the product
- Instant online purchase for delivery within hours
- Secondary activation channel through social media