ue to COVID-19, people around the world have been made to stay at home to stop the spread of the virus. However from this, we all have found creative ways to stay connected virtually with our dear ones. The platform that everyone flocked to was Zoom, the video conferencing company, to keep up with their friends, or build a digital club, or host official meetings.
Zoom is among the video conferencing platforms that allow users to add filters and other effects during any meeting, and now, Zoom has added augmented reality facial effects called Studio Effects.
This new feature includes video filters, background changes, and face beautification options and much more. The AR effect allows its users to customise their faces during a zoom video call. It means users can customise their eyebrows, moustache, beard, and lip colour during a meeting.
To get started, users will need the latest version of the Zoom App. The next thing users need to check is their internet connection and the webcam in their system.
Steps to enable Studio Effects during video calls:
- Open the Zoom app and log in using your preferred method.
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Gear’ icon at the top right corner.
- Click on Background & Filters option
- Click on the Studio Effects link from the bottom right corner to download the effects.
- Once you have made the selection, click on the checkbox at the top that reads “Apply to all future meetings”.
- After getting through all these steps, Zoom will remember your preferred options and apply the same in all your zoom calls automatically.
Since the pandemic began the Zoom video calling platform has risen to top among all. The daily downloads of the Zoom App have increased by 30 times in this lockdown. Zoom released data where it states that its daily users have spiked to 200 million currently.